Indian Spiced Cauliflower Rice
Only have 10 minutes to whip up a nutritious meal? This Indian spiced cauliflower rice shared with us by Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way is for you! A well stocked spice cupboard is a great way to add flavour to meals without breaking the bank. As you can see from this recipe, you don't need much to have a full flavoured meal! We love that one of our recipe testers for this recipe mixed 500g of cooked mince through the leftovers and used it as a filling for sausage rolls. What a thrifty idea!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, quick and easy to make and tasty to boot! This recipe gave a good rice-like consistency – not too mushy or chunky." - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- fresh coriander - 1 bunch
- onion - 1, large, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- cauliflower - 500g, cut into florets
- butter - 20g, or coconut oil
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- sea salt
- pepper - black, cracked
- limes - 1-2, or lemons, juice only, to taste
- Place coriander leaves (from 1 bunch) in the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 7 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add cauliflower florets (500g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 5 / 7 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Add garam masala (1 tsp), turmeric (1 tsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 2-3 seconds, measuring cap off, until the spices are mixed in. Scrape down sides.
- Program 8 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Mix the coriander through cauliflower and squeeze lime juice (from 1-2 limes) over for desired flavour.