This festive favourite with a twist has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. It is truly so easy to make and delicious to drink when the weather is hot. If you are enjoying Christmas on the other side of the world the recipe can easily be tweaked to make the traditional warm variety. See the variation in the method below.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Seriously delicious. Christmas flavours in an ice cold drink!" - Joe
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- raw sugar - 100g
- cinnamon - 1, stick
- milk - 600g, frozen into ice cubes
- cream - 200g
- eggs - 2
- brandy - 80g
- rum - 80g
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp, ground
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cinnamon sugar - to serve
- Add the sugar (100g) and cinnamon stick (1) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Add the frozen milk cubes (600g), cream (200g), eggs (2), brandy (80g), rum (80g), nutmeg (1/4 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9. Serve immediately. Garnish with cinnamon sugar if desired.
- For a warm variation, add milk (600g), cream (200g), nutmeg (1/4 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 70C / Speed 1.
- Add eggs (2), brandy (80g) and rum (80g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Serve immediately.