Ice Cream Sandwiches
For a classic childhood treat you can't go past these ice cream sandwiches. Sandwiched between two rich peanut butter cookies is this delicious and creamy chocolate ice cream. You can prepare these in advance and freeze, they last for up to 3 months. What an awesome party treat for summer!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "My husband and daughter thought these were the bee's knees. My daughter said 'I LOVE these, they are delicious and the best thing you've ever made!'" - Sandra
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Freezing Time 8 hours
Can be frozen
- Ice cream:
- double cream - 500g
- condensed milk - 400g, tinned
- cocoa powder - 60g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- peanut butter - 400g
- brown sugar - 350g
- salt - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- Insert the whisk attachment. Place the double cream (500g) in the bowl. Whisk on Speed 3 until it is stiff, while watching it closely. This could take between 20-45 seconds.
- Add the condensed milk (400g tin), cocoa powder (60g) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 2 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Combine again Speed 2 / 5 seconds. Refrigerate while making the biscuits, or pop in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- To a clean dry bowl add the peanut butter (400g), brown sugar (350g), salt (1 tsp) and eggs (2). Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and make sure the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl with the spatula.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into 36 balls with your hands before pressing down onto two large rectangular trays lined with baking paper. Make sure to leave a large gap in between each cookie as they expand. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for 10 minutes.
- Transfer onto a wire cooling rack and leave to cool entirely.
- To make the sandwiches, take one biscuit and fill with 1-2 Tbsp of the chilled chocolate mixture, then sandwich with another biscuit.
- Place in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for at least 8 hours before serving. Keep them stored like this for up to 3 months.