Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Here is something special, shared with us by Shanai from Kids Eat by Shanai... these are sure to impress the younger party people in your life! The great news about this recipe is that it is easily doubled, making it perfect for sharing with a classroom of children. They are iced with a simple royal icing, but of course you can use your imagination to make them your own!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I had a very happy birthday girl whose kindy friends devoured them!" - Tracey
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- butter - 120g, roughly chopped
- eggs - 2
- milk - 100g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- caster sugar - 120g
- self raising flour - 120g
- cocoa powder - 20g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- ice cream cones - 12, flat based
- Royal icing:
- white sugar - 250g
- egg white - 1
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- food colouring
- Serving suggestions:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- If you need to grind your own caster sugar, add raw sugar (120g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the chopped butter (120g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 60C / Speed 4.
- Add the eggs (2), milk (100g), vanilla extract (1 tsp), caster sugar (120g), self raising flour (120g), cocoa powder (20g) and baking powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds.
- Fill each ice cream cone (12 total) 3/4 of the way full, then stand each one up in a muffin tin to assist with balancing whilst cooking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Add the white sugar (250g) to the clean, dry bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Add the egg white (1), lemon juice (1 tsp) and food colouring to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon tablespoons of the icing onto each cupcake and top with a cherry or sprinkles.