Hummus is always a fun cooking experience for children. This is a great recipe for beginner cooks. Team this up with some fresh veggie sticks and you have a delicious afternoon tea.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I'm a real fan of dairy and cheesy dips so I'm always surprised how nice something like this is! I'll make it when I have to take a dip along." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 cup of dip
Cannot be frozen
- chickpeas - 400g tin, rinsed and drained
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled and cut into quarters
- lemon juice - 1/2 Tbsp
- salt - 1/2 Tbsp, optional
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp, plus additional to thin out
- tahini paste - 1-2 Tbsp, optional
- paprika - for serving
- Add chickpeas (400g), garlic (2 cloves), lemon juice (1/2 Tbsp), salt (1/2 Tbsp), olive oil (1 Tbsp), and tahini (1-2 Tbsp) to bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Scrape down and continue to blitz on Speed 5 drizzling olive oil through the lid until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of paprika over the top.