Hotcakes with Whipped Butter and Maple Syrup
These delicious hotcakes will become a new favourite! The batter will likely be thicker than you expect, but it turns out perfectly. Incredibly fluffy hotcakes will follow! Try serving these with lots of fresh fruit on the side for a healthy addition.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “OMG, SO FLUFFY! So deliciously light and fluffy!" - Jan
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 10-12 hotcakes
Can be frozen
You will need:
large star nozzle
large frying pan
- maple syrup - to serve
- Whipped butter:
- butter - 150g, softened
- milk - 70g, full fat
- butter - 150g, melted
- plain flour - 480g
- baking powder - 1 Tbsp
- eggs - 2
- milk - 520g
- salt - pinch
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- sugar - 100g
- Add the softened butter (150g) and full fat milk (70g) into the bowl. Insert the whisk attachment. Program 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Check the texture and colour of the butter mixture. It should be light in texture and less yellow. Repeat 1 minute / Speed 4 if necessary.
- Place the butter mixture into a piping bag with a large star nozzle attached.
- Pipe the butter into star shapes on a sheet of baking paper and refrigerate until needed.
- Add the melted butter (150g), plain flour (480g), baking powder (1 Tbsp), eggs (2), milk (520g), salt (pinch), vanilla extract (1 tsp) and sugar (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on, or until a batter forms.
- Pour or spoon the batter into a large frying pan over medium heat. You will want to cook several at a time as this makes a lot!
- Cook until small bubbles appear. Flip over. Cook for a few more minutes until cooked through.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with a whipped butter star and maple syrup.