Hot Chocolate Truffles
What can we say but YUM! These will be sure to impress anyone that tries them. This recipe can be doubled.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It can't get any easier! I ate some of the truffles as is, and with the others I made some lovely hot chocolate. My top tip: Don't wash the mixer after making these. Just add some cold milk and make chocolate milk!" - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 1-2 hours setting time
Cooking Time 6 minutes
Makes 15 truffles, can be doubled
Cannot be frozen
- chocolate - 200g, dark or plain milk, of choice, brocken up into chunks
- double cream - 100g
- cocoa powder - 30g
- Add the chocolate pieces (200g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add the double cream (100g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.5.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a small bowl and allow to sit to firm up in the fridge for 1-1.5 hours.
- Once the mixture is firm, scoop out a heaped teaspoon of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Add the cocoa powder (30g) into a small bowl.
- Coat the ball in cocoa powder and set onto a plate.
- Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Return to the fridge and keep there until serving or gifting.
- Enjoy these delicious truffles as is, or pop two truffles into 250g warm milk for a delicious hot chocolate. It may be nice to add this information to a gift tag when gifting.