Hot Chocolate Mix
Why buy store-bought chocolate milk mixes when you can easily make your own, minus the nasties? In a nice jar topped with mini marshmallows, this makes a gorgeous gift. Save this recipe for winter. Nothing beats a hot chocolate with marshmallows on those cold days. Combine 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture with hot milk and stir (and drink through a Tim Tam™!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It was a good recipe and I like the idea of handing it out as a present." - Erika
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 jar
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 60g, good quality, dark, broken up (*can use DF dark chocolate)
- raw sugar - 160g, or white, can use less if preferred
- vanilla sugar - 20g (make your own with the Vanilla Sugar recipe in The Make Your Own Subscriber Only Bonus Issue)
- cocoa powder - 50g, good quality
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- marshmallows - mini, optional
- Place chocolate (60g) into bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 5 seconds. You want a fine chocolate powder. Set aside.
- Place sugar (160g), vanilla sugar (20g), cocoa (50g) and salt (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mill again Speed 10 / 30 seconds. You want it to be a very fine powder.
- Add the prepared chocolate to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container. This will last 6+ months in the pantry.
- Top with mini marshmallows for a great gift idea!