These Christmassy beans are the perfect accompaniment to your main event. They don’t take up valuable space in the kitchen (they cook in the server!), they look the part, and they are SO very yummy - salty, spicy and fresh, all in one!
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Serves 6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- bacon - 100g
- water - 1L
- green beans - 400g, topped and tailed
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp, omit for a less spicy option
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pecans - 50g
- butter - 50g, (*or DF spread or oil)
- Heat the frying pan and cook the bacon (100g) until crispy.
- Boil the kettle with approx 1L of water.
- Add green beans (400g) to the insulated server. Pour boiling water over the top of the beans so they are covered. Cover the server with its lid and set a timer for 10 minutes. Once the timer goes off, drain the beans and return them to the server.
- Once the bacon is crispy, break it into a few pieces and transfer it to the bowl with cayenne (1/4 tsp), salt flakes (1 tsp) and pecans (50g). Chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Continue if you prefer the pieces to be smaller.
- Add butter (50g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 1 second.
- Program 3 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Combine the mixture and the beans with a spatula. Allow them to sit, insulated, until ready. Eat within 30 minutes for optimum freshness, although they are also delicious reheated!