Honey Soy Garlic Marinade
A very popular store bought marinade that can be made at home with a handful of ingredients. Once you see how easy it really is to whip up, you'll make it yourself over buying it every time! We love to use this marinade on chicken tenderloins before grilling them on a BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A great marinade for chicken stir fry. Quick and easy for weeknight dinners." - Diana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Makes enough to marinate approx. 1kg of meat
Can be frozen
You will need:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled
- honey - 100g
- soy sauce - 100g, *ensure GF if required
- lemon juice - 20g
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Serving suggestions:
- chicken tenderloins - to marinate and serve
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and peeled ginger (3cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the honey (100g), soy sauce (100g) and lemon juice (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Using a spatula, scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure no honey has settled. Mix again Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add the sesame seeds (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 2 / 4 seconds.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 24 hours until ready to use to marinate meat.