Honey Soy Chicken Meatballs
A tasty little morsel that is not only easy to make but only uses a handful of ingredients as well! These are delicious warm or cold.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are so tasty! Easy to prepare, and the whole family loves them as part of dinner or a snack!" - Rach
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 20 small meatballs
Can be frozen
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp
- chicken mince - 500g
- soy sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- honey - 60g
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1, optional (*omit for EF)
- bread - 1 piece , soaked in water and squeezed, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- oil - for fying
- Add the garlic powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (2 Tbsp), fresh coriander (2 Tbsp), chicken mince (500g), soy sauce (60g), honey (60g), pepper (1/2 tsp), egg (1, if using) and soaked bread (1 piece, if using) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blitz again Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 20 meatballs.
- Place oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes on each side, then a further 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool before placing into the lunchbox or containers.
Note: You may prefer to oven bake these delicious meatballs. Simply preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.