Honey Roasted Peanut Spread
This is our homemade take on peanut butter, with a delicious sweetness coming from the honey. - Peta
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes approx 1.5 cups of butter
Cannot be frozen
- peanuts - 250g, roasted, unsalted
- honey - 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil - 2-3 Tbsp, melted
- salt - fine, small pinch
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place peanuts (250g) into bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 45 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 45 seconds. Scrape down sides. You are wanting a fine grind. You can certainly grind these for longer if preferred.
- Reduce to Speed 5 and slowly drizzle in the honey (2 Tbsp) and then coconut oil (2-3 Tbsp) along with salt (pinch).
- Increase Speed to 9 and blitz until a smooth but thick paste forms. You can add additional honey or coconut oil to thin out to suit your tastes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It can harden in the fridge. If it does harden due to the coconut oil, allow your portion to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to become soft and spreadable.
Note: You can use any nuts you like. Roasted nuts are always better in terms of flavour.