This warming porridge has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her book Everyday Thermo Cooking. Instead of making standard porridge and adding toppings at the end, she cooks her porridge with honey and butter to give it incredible flavour. And you can still add all the toppings you like! Serve in small ramekins if you are doing a brunch with multiple courses, or in two larger serves for a morning breakfast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Yum, yum, yum is all I can say! The end product looked great and was absolutely delicious – particularly on a rainy morning!" - Karen
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 11 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- oats - 100g, rolled
- water - 300g
- milk - 100g, (*use water for DF; see Note)
- butter - 40g, or to taste, (*use coconut oil for DF)
- honey - 30g, or to taste, (or maple syrup)
- vanilla bean paste - 1/2 tsp
- salt - pinch, fine
- fruit of choice - fresh
- nuts of choice - (*omit for NF)
- seeds of choice
- yoghurt - (*omit for DF)
- Add the rolled oats (100g), water (300g), milk (100g), butter (40g), honey (30g), vanilla bean paste (1/2 tsp) and fine salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 11 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- For a thicker porridge, allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve on its own or with your choice of toppings.
Note: You can use any proportion of milk and water in this recipe - just ensure the combined total is 400g.