Honey Poached Pears with Honeyed Ricotta
These sweet syrupy pears are paired beautifully with honeyed ricotta. Serve on top of pancakes (or the yummy pikelets in our Lunchbox Issue!) The honeyed ricotta can also make a nice change as an icing or as a side to a piece of cake in lieu of cream. This recipe has been written by Alyce Alexandra.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Best served fresh, cannot be frozen
- cream cheese - 100g, roughly chopped
- honey - 125g
- ricotta cheese - 250g, fresh, roughly chopped
- water - 150g
- brown sugar - 100g
- cinnamon - 1, stick
- vanilla pod - 1⁄2, split down middle
- pears - 4, Bosc, peeled, quartered & cored
- lemon - 1, juice and peel only
- Place cream cheese (100g) and honey (75g only) in bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again, Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add ricotta (250g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds, or until combined and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Clean the bowl before placing water (150g), sugar (100g), cinnamon (1 stick), vanilla (1/2 bean) and honey (50g) in the bowl.
- Divide the pears (4) evenly between the steaming attachment upper tray and lower dish and drizzle with lemon juice. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Remove cooked pears. Continue to steam any remaining uncooked pears for a further 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Once all pears are cooked, check steaming liquid – if it is not already syrupy, continue cooking for a further 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve the pears with syrup and the honeyed ricotta... on top of pancakes for a special treat!