Honey Oatie Bars
These oatie bars of deliciousness have been shared with us by Sam from The Annoyed Thyroid. They’re not the prettiest snack bar, but they’re probably one of the yummiest. Full of store cupboard ingredients and egg free, these bars will be a welcome addition to any lunchbox or make a terrific teatime treat! If you find them crumbly, simply transport in an airtight container.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These look and taste amazing! They are perfect for a snack or school treat." - Summah
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes
Makes 12 bars or 16 squares
Cannot be frozen
- oats - 100g, rolled
- sultanas - 170g
- self raising flour - 130g, wholemeal
- raw sugar - 120g
- desiccated coconut - 40g
- butter - 150g
- honey - 1 Tbsp, raw
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the oats (100g), sultanas (170g), flour (130g), sugar (120g) and coconut (40g) into bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add butter (150g) and honey (1 Tbsp) and melt for 2 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add reserved dry ingredient mixture to the bowl and mix for 20 seconds / Reverse+Speed 3using the spatula to assist.
- Press firmly and evenly into tin and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cut into bars while hot, and leave to cool completely in the tin before removing and storing in an airtight container. Store in the fridge until you need them on the go.