Honey Mustard Salmon on Rice
Don't you just love an all-in-one meal? We love that this is a quick and easy (and filling!) dish that can be on the table in less than half an hour. Flavoursome, but there's no need for marinating ahead of time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A beautiful subtle flavoured salmon with a creamy finish." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Can be frozen
- honey - 50g
- mustard - 40g, Dijon
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- oil - 20g
- salmon - 4 pieces, approx. 200g each, skinless
- white rice - 300g, rinsed well
- water - 900g, hot tap
- Add honey (50g), Dijon mustard (40g), thyme (1 Tbsp) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 60C / Speed 4.
- Cut a piece of baking paper the length of the upper tray, rinse it under water, scrunch to drain and spread it out over the steaming attachment upper tray.
- Add the fish (4 pieces) to the steaming attachment upper tray. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the honey mustard marinade over the salmon and ensure all sides are coated well. If you need to, you can use more marinade.
- Add white rice (300g) to the internal steaming basket. Rinse really well.
- Set the basket in place and pour hot tap water (900g) and the remaining marinade over the rice. Put the lid on your thermo mixer.
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3. Option: add your preferred vegetables to the steaming attachment lower dish to cook. Check that the salmon and rice is cooked to your preferred level. Add another 1-2 minutes if required.
- Serve salmon over rice.
*Salt, pepper, oil and water are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 1 tsp wholegrain mustard in Step 1.