Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
This tasty salad recipe has been shared with us by Karen from Cooking in the Chaos. This is such a tasty meal, and lovely to eat on a warm summer day when you really don’t feel like facing a plate of steaming hot food for dinner. If you have leftover chicken from Christmas Day, you can simply omit steaming the chicken, and shred your leftover chicken on reverse as suggested. If you have leftover roast veggies, just throw them in too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I made this salad to take to a Christmas Party - this one stole the show! It was really tasty, very presentable and so easy to make." - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Sweet potato:
- sweet potato - 1, large
- olive oil - 2 Tbps
- balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbps
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- chicken breasts - 2, large
- water - 1000g
- garlic cloves - 2
- Honey mustard dressing:
- honey - 2 Tbsp
- mustard - 2 Tbsp, seeded
- apple cider vinegar - 1/3
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- baby spinach - 80g, leaves
- bocconcini - 220g tub, baby, (*omit for DF version)
- cherry tomatoes - punnet
- pine nuts - to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato (1) into small cubes. Drizzle with olive oil (2 Tbsp), balsamic vinegar (2 Tbsp) and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes or until soft and slightly caramelized on the edges.
- While the sweet potato is cooking prepare the chicken.
- Cut the chicken breasts (2) in half on the horizontal plane. So that you get four large thinner pieces of chicken.
- Place them into the steaming attachment, upper tray.
- Fill the water level in the bowl to 1L and add garlic (2) to the water.
- Steam on 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once cooked, remove the tray and set aside. Wash the bowl, then make the dressing.
- Place honey (2 Tbsp), seeded mustard (2 Tbsp), apple cider vinegar (1/3 cup) and olive oil (1/2 cup) to the bowl and mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Decant the dressing into a jug, and without washing the bowl, add the chicken back in and shred on Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-5 seconds.
- Arrange a layer of spinach leaves (80g) on each serving plate, add shredded chicken, bocconcini (220g) torn in half, warm sweet potato, cherry tomatoes (punnet) halved, to each serve, and sprinkle with pine nuts (to taste).
- Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!