This classic party food is a childhood favourite for many people. They are so easy to make and use minimal ingredients. Sweet and crunchy, they don't last long! Consider the cases you put them in - you can choose the colour or pattern to fit in with the party theme.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A fun, golden, crunchy sweet treat my kids enjoyed! I like that it was quick and used ingredients you generally have on hand. Very budget friendly and would be a great treat at a party or morning tea – feeds a crowd!" - Christina
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 24 small honey joys
Cannot be frozen
- butter - 100g, cubed
- honey - 80g
- sugar - 1 Tbsp
- cornflakes - 3.5 cups approx (*ensure GF if required)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin tin(s) with 24 small paper cases.
- Place butter (100g), honey (80g) and sugar (1 Tbsp) into bowl.
- Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2 until frothy and bubbly.
- Place corn flakes (3.5 cups) into a large bowl and carefully pour syrup over them. Using a spoon, mix to combine and coat the corn flakes well with syrup.
- Spoon into paper cases.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until golden. Do not overbake these.
- Allow to cool and serve.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.