Well, it wouldn't be a Chinese smorgasbord without honey chicken! When people think Chinese take away, they think of honey chicken. This combination of delicious tender chicken, a crispy coating and sweet honey sauce will please any guest that comes over. They won't believe you made it yourself!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was amazing and so easy to make, so no need to go out for take away when you can make this at home." - Kirsty
Preparation Time 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time 10-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- chicken breast - 500g, diced
- oil - for shallow frying
- sesame seeds - to serve
- cornflour - 60g
- plain flour - 40g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- water - 130g, ice cold
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1
- ice cubes - 10
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- honey - 90g
- rice wine vinegar - 1.5 tsp
- water - 50g
- salt - 1 tsp, rock
- cornflour - 1.5 tsp
- sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Add the cornflour (60g), plain flour (40g), baking powder (1 tsp), water (130g), salt (1/2 tsp) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- Move the batter into a large bowl and add ice cubes (10) to keep it chilled. Wash and dry the mixer bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces (500g) into the batter.
- Place a frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Once you reach 170C, fry small batches of chicken in the oil, turning often until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and drain on some paper towel.
- Repeat for all chicken.
- Drain the oil and wash the wok.
- Add the garlic clove (1), honey (90g), vinegar (1.5 tsp), water (50g), salt (1 tsp), cornflour (1.5 tsp) and oil (1 tsp) to the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 7 seconds.
- Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.