Honey and Lime Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
This is an easy and unique dish that can be made in advance to impress your family. You may well find yourself licking your plate clean... as well as the serving dish! We love that you can make a big batch with this recipe, but remember that you can also make less chicken if that would suit your family better.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A lovely balance of sweet and sour flavours that is super easy to put together." - Liz
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 30 minutes marinating time
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- lime - 3, zest and juice only
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- honey - 100g
- chicken drumsticks - 2kg
- sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp, toasted
- Place lime zest (from 3 limes) and garlic cloves (3) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add lime juice (from 3 limes), oil (20g) and honey (100g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 60C / Speed 4.
- Add drumsticks (2kg) to a large roasting pan. Pour marinade over drumsticks and coat well. Cover with clingfilm. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds (2 Tbsp) sprinkled over the top.
*Oil is considered a staple and is not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Juice from an orange is a great flavour to add in Step 4 and give it a sweetness boost.
- If you like things with a little kick, add 1/2-1 tsp mild chilli powder in Step 4.