Homemade Pasta Dough
Homemade pasta is so easy to make at home with the help of your thermo mixer. Today we have used a pasta press to shape the dough just to highlight how flexible and forgiving this dough is. You can use a pasta machine to roll your dough or simply use a rolling pin and roll into thin sheets before cutting into strips with a sharp knife. This will go beautifully with the Puttanesca Meatballs if you don't want to use zoodles. You can also use it to create the Pumpkin & Goat's Cheese Agnolotti.
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- '00' flour - 400g, plus extra for dusting
- eggs - 4 large
- olive oil - 1/2 Tbsp, flavoured olive oils are delicious in homemade pasta
- salt - pinch
- Place flour (400g) into bowl. Mix on Speed 5 / 10 seconds to aerate.
- Add eggs (4), oil (1/2 Tbsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Small pebble-like dough will form. Press a small handful together to see if it comes together. If it's too dry, add a little extra oil and knead to combine.
- Pour out onto a clean bench and knead to form a smooth solid ball. If the dough is sticky, dust with some extra flour and knead in. You want a nice soft, smooth dough.
- Allow it to rest for 30-60 minutes before rolling.
- Follow pasta machine instructions for rolling and cutting pasta.
- Cook in rapid boiling water on the stove in small batches. Depending on the shapes you have cut, it will only take a couple of minutes to cook though.
- Tasting the pasta is the best way to check if it is cooked.