Hollandaise Finishing Sauce
This rich, creamy and thick hollandaise makes a gorgeous accompaniment to a tasty piece of salmon, or even to top a yummy eggs Benedict on the weekend. As an added bonus, it's also very easy to prepare!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The mustard gave a lovely flavour to the sauce and the sauce went perfectly with the salmon. Can't wait to try it on the weekend with eggs." - Michelle
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 6 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- salmon - grilled, fillets, cooked to your liking
- vegetables of choice - steamed
- Hollandaise finishing sauce:
- butter - 100g, unsalted, cubed
- egg yolk - 2
- lemon juice - 20g
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- salt - pinch, fine
- ice cubes - 1, optional
- Add the cubed butter (100g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2. You can stop once the butter has melted. Pour the melted butter into a small jug and set aside.
- Set the whisk attachment in place. Add the egg yolks (2), lemon juice (20g), Dijon mustard (1 tsp) and fine salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 4, measuring cap on. Continue to the next step.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour the melted butter (100g) over the lid so that it drips slowly into the machine and forms an emulsion. If you hear the sound change, this may indicate that the mixture has split. If this is the case, add an ice cube to the bowl and keep mixing. You do not need to blend for the full 3 minutes, just until all the butter is added and an emulsion is formed.
- Pour the sauce over salmon and serve with steamed vegetables of choice.