Hokey Pokey Ice Cream
If you love honeycomb, this ice cream is for you! It has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It has a deliciously decadent caramel sauce throughout, with delicious pieces of honeycomb!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is creamy and decadent - a real treat! This is an ice cream for a special occasion" - Nadia
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Setting Time 9 hours
- cream - cream, thickened
- condensed milk - 300g
- evaporated milk - 200g
- butter - 50g, roughly chopped
- golden syrup - 120g
- brown sugar - 75g
- honeycomb - 50g, roughly chopped
- Insert the whisk attachment.
- Add cream (500g only) to the bowl. Whip Speed 4 / 20-25 seconds, or until cream begins to hold its shape. Be sure to avoid overwhipping.
- Add condensed milk (300g) and evaporated milk (200g). Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a shallow container, leaving at least 2cm space between mixture surface and top of container. Cover and freeze for a minimum 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, place butter (50g), golden syrup (120g), sugar (75g) and remaining cream (90g) into the bowl.
- Program 45 minutes / 90C / Speed 3, with the simmering basket sitting on the lid to prevent splashes.
- Pour into glass container and refrigerate once cooled.
- Remove both ice cream from freezer and caramel from refrigerator. After 1 hour, sprinkle honeycomb over ice cream and drizzle with half the caramel sauce. Using a butter knife, cut and fold ice cream to combine ingredients without mixing together.
- Return to freezer for a minimum 30 minutes before serving.