Hokey Pokey Biscuits
This recipe has been shared with us by Cherie Fry.
"Nanna used to always make these for us when we were kids. When I moved out of home, she helped start my own recipe collection by sharing some of her favourite recipes. I love that I got her to write down the recipes herself, so I can see her handwriting and feel close to her when I create her recipes again." - Cherie
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were so simple to make, and they brought back lots of memories of the biscuits my grandma used to make when I was a kid!" - Kate
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 25-30 depending on size
Can be frozen
- milk - 20g
- golden syrup - 30g
- bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- butter - 100g
- brown sugar - 75g
- plain flour - 190g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the milk (20g) and golden syrup (30g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 60C / Speed 1.
- Add the bicarb soda (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Without cleaning the bowl, add the butter (100g) and brown sugar (75g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Add the milk mixture and plain flour (190g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Roll the mixture into teaspoon-sized balls and place them on the prepared tray. Slightly flatten each one with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.