Hoisin Chicken Rice Paper Rolls
You can make these delightful little rice paper rolls the day before and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to hit the road for your picnic. They transport quite well!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Rice paper rolls are a great picnic snack. This recipe shreds the chicken perfectly (will have to remember this for other lunches!) and hoisin sauce is a good combination with chicken. The mint leaf adds a bit of a flair." - Sarah
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 hour + marinating time
Makes 16-20 rice paper rolls
Cannot be frozen
- chicken breast - 2, chopped into chunks
- hoisin sauce - 100g (*check bottle for GF if required)
- water - 1L
- rice paper - 20 sheets
- vermicelli noodles - 100g, dried
- cucumber - 1, Lebanese, thinly sliced
- carrot - 1, finely shredded or grated
- fresh mint - 20, leaves, optional
- water - warm
- sweet chilli sauce - optional, for dipping
- Place chunks of chicken breasts (from 2 breasts) and hoisin sauce (2 Tbsp) in a bowl and marinate for 2 hours or, ideally, overnight.
- Pour 1 litre of water into bowl.
- Place chicken chunks into the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Set the steaming attachment into place and program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, boil the kettle and carefully pour boiling water over vermicelli noodles (100g) in a bowl. Allow to soften.
- Once cooked, empty out the water out of the bowl and place cooked chicken into a separate bowl.
- Optional: Add carrot (1) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside. You can do this by hand if you prefer.
- Shred chicken on Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds, until shredded to your desired consistency. Pour out into a bowl.
- Place a rice paper sheet into warm water to soften. This will only take a few seconds.
- Place onto bench or a silicone mat. Place one mint leaf in the middle.
- Top with some chicken, vegetables and noodles. Spread a little hoisin sauce over the filling.
- Fold both the top and bottom sections of the rice paper roll in slightly and roll the entire parcel into a spring roll type shape.
- Allow to chill for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with extra hoisin and sweet chilli sauce.