Herbed Spring Lamb on Green Beans
Spring lamb with spring flavours – delicious! This recipe makes use of fresh herbs and fresh veggies with a yummy (and healthy!) outcome!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Wow! Didn't know that you could cook lamb cutlets in the steaming attachment and that they would taste great. A great meal for serving at a dinner party to impress your guests." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- fresh mint - handful
- fresh parsley - handful
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- lemon - 1/2, zest and juice only
- butter - 80g, cold
- water - 120g
- vegetable stock - 10g, paste
- water - 500g, hot
- lamb cutlets - 8-12
- green beans - 400g
- Add mint (handful), parsley (handful), garlic clove (1) and lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon) into bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Measure the butter (80g) into a small bowl. Set aside in the fridge.
- Add the lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), water (120g) and stock paste (10g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Allow the water to stop boiling. Insert the whisk attachment. Program 6 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.5.
- Close the lid and add the cold butter (80g) through the lid, one tablespoon at a time. Wait for each tablespoon to melt. You probably won’t need the full 6 minutes to do this step.
- Remove the whisk attachment and add the herb mixture (reserving 1 Tbsp for garnish). Combine Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add hot water (500g). Program 3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2 or until steaming temperature is reached.
- While the water is heating, trim your green beans by cutting off the tops and bottoms. Place lamb cutlets (8-12) in the lower dish of steaming attachment and green beans (400g) on the upper tray.
- Set steaming attachment in place. Program 7 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Set the frying pan over a hot heat. When the steaming has finished, quickly sear the lamb cutlet on each side before serving.
- Plate up the lamb on top of the green beans and pour sauce over the top and garnish with reserved herb mix.