Herbed Sausage Rolls
Now, these have been called "the most amazing sausage rolls I have ever had" by my partner. Big call! This recipe belongs to a friend of mine and has been a staple in our house for close to a decade. We always have a batch in the freezer for lazy day lunches or a quick dinner. You can freeze either before or after baking. These go great with our Frozen Stir Fry Veggie Bags. - Peta. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was such an easy recipe to make, and they are all gone now! Kids and hubby loved them!" - Sally
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 28 medium sized sausage rolls or 36 mini sausage rolls
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- sausage mince - 500g
- dried mixed herbs - 1 Tbsp
- bread - 2, slices, soaked in water with excess squeezed out
- puff pastry - 3 sheets, thawed
- milk - for brushing
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place onion (1) and garlic clove (1) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add mince (500g), herbs (1 Tbsp) and bread (2 slices) into bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Slice each puff pastry sheet (3) in half.
- Spoon a thin layer of mince across each half.
- Fold the sides in and place seam side down. Cut into 3 pieces.
- Place onto baking tray. Brush with milk.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and the pastry is golden.
- After Step 6 freeze the sausage rolls on a lined baking tray and once frozen transfer to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Bake from frozen by following Step 7 and 8.