Herbed Cream Cheese and Cucumber Sandwiches
This is a delicious way to enjoy the popular cheese and cucumber combination. You could serve the cream cheese filling on top of cucumber rounds as a no carb alternative.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A fresh, light herbed cheese blend that is great for lunch for one, or for entertaining as a nibble with drinks, or for a high tea alternative to traditional cucumber sandwiches." - Fiona
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- bread - 8 slices, rye, or large crackers of choice* (*can use GF)
- cucumber - 1, peeled and sliced lengthways
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- fresh dill - 2 Tbsp
- fresh chives - 4 Tbsp
- fresh basil - 10, leaves
- cream cheese - 250g, spreadable, cubed
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), fresh parsley (2 Tbsp), fresh dill (2 Tbsp), fresh chopped chives (4 Tbsp) and basil leaves (10) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cubed cream cheese (250g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 25 seconds, or until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over rye bread (8 slices) and top with peeled cucumber slices (from 1 cucumber).
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.
Make your own!
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers