Herb and Garlic Pizza Bianca
In Italy, pizza bianca literally means "white pizza". That is, served without tomato paste. It makes a wonderful start to a meal. You can serve it as is, as we suggest (with rocket and prosciutto) or even with dip. A great addition when you are having Italian fake out!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This reminded me of garlic naan bread. Tasted delicious warm and would serve great with a dip when cold." - Brea
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 30 minutes chilling time
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
- fresh rosemary - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- plain flour - 230g
- yeast - 2 tsp, dry instant
- olive oil - 30g
- water - 120g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- mozzarella cheese - 80g, cubed
- Parmesan cheese - 40g, cubed
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh rosemary - 2 tsp, leaves
- To serve (optional):
- prosciutto - 4 slices, halved
- rocket - 40g
- Add the rosemary (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the plain flour (230g), yeast (2 tsp), oil (30g), water (120g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Place the dough on a piece of clingfilm, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Meanwhile, add the mozzarella (80g), Parmesan cheese (40g), garlic cloves (2) and rosemary (2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 6 seconds.
- Roll out the pastry on a piece of baking paper that fits a large rectangular baking tray.
- Top with the grated cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Cut into 4 large squares.
- To serve, top each square with prosciutto (4 slices) and rocket leaves (40g).