Heirloom Tomato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Tomatoes and basil, the original power couple. Tomasil? Bamato? Regardless, they work so well together. Don't believe us? Try this delicious salad. So fresh and full of flavour.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The end product looked great – so colourful and really tasty. We all enjoyed this and would make again." - Judy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Basil vinaigrette can be frozen
- tomatoes - 500g, baby or large heirloom, sliced
- tomatoes - 200g, baby, mixed colour, halved
- mozzarella cheese - 200g, torn into small pieces,
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch, small, shredded
- Basil vinaigrette:
- garlic clove - 1, large, peeled
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch, leaves only
- balsamic vinegar - 40g
- olive oil - 125g, good quality
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 black, cracked
- Lay the heirloom tomato slices (500g) on a large platter in a decorative manner.
- Scatter the baby tomatoes (200g) on top of tomato slices.
- Add the garlic clove (1), basil leaves (from 1/2 bunch), vinegar (40g), oil (125g), lemon juice (1 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Spoon the dressing over the tomatoes in nice dollops. This dressing will last for up to a week so you can keep extra in the fridge.
- Scatter the mozzarella (200g) and shredded basil (1/2 bunch) over the salad.