Hearty Lamb and Veggie Soup
This recipe comes from reader Sally-Ann C. She says that to her, healthy means "Quality fresh whole foods, particularly those prepared with gut healing properties, e.g., cultured foods like yoghurts, cultured butter, fermented drinks and bone broths. This soup is delicious, loved by the whole family and is super healthy!"
This recipe was featured in Episode 61 of the podcast – Healthy New Year.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a lovely soup. Very flavoursome and creamy, thanks to the red lentils!" - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + soaking time
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- lentils - 200g, red, dried
- vegetables of choice - 450g, or soup veggies, roughly cut (whatever needs to be used up, e.g., potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, celeriac, celery, herbs, zucchini, spinach, beans, corn, etc.)
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- diced lamb - 500g
- vegetable stock - 3 Tbsp, paste, or chicken stock
- tomato paste - 2 Tbsp (or 2-3 tomatoes, chopped)
- bone broth - or water
- Soak lentils (200g) overnight or at least a couple of hours. Rinse and drain.
- Add soup veggies (450g) to bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2-5 seconds (depends on chunkiness you prefer in your soups). Set aside.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (4) to bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (20g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add lamb (500g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Add stock paste (3 Tbsp), tomato paste (2 Tbsp), soup veggies and lentils and fill to max line with water or bone broth. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Serve as it is, or with some of the Gluten Free Crusty French Bread.