Healthy Salted Caramel Dip
Dip into this deliciously sweet snack with some chopped up fruit and you are good to go! Make ahead and send along in an airtight container for a great packed lunch option.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious snack to have ready for the kids in the afternoon, and so easy." - Jodie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooling Time 4-6 hours
Can be frozen
- water - 400g
- dates - 200g, medjool, pitted
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- coconut oil - 1.5 Tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- apple - slices, to serve
- pear - slices, to serve
- Add the water (400g) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Add the dates (200g) to the bowl. Allow them to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the bowl into a small jug. Save for later.
- Add the soaked dates, vanilla (1 tsp), oil (1.5 Tbsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add reserved water (80g only) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 10 until smooth. Add more water whilst the blades are spinning to achieve your desired consistency.
- Test flavour. Add more salt if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with fruit slices.