- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Healthy Raspberry Coconut Slice
This yummy old-style slice has been created by Georgia Harding from Well Nourished. It is her healthy spin on the classic recipe that was shared with her by her grandmother. It is a deliciously light dessert best shared with friends over a cup of tea.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It is a lovely, lighter version of the traditional. The omission of refined sugar makes it delicious. It's not too sweet and the tartness of the raspberries is well balanced with the rest. The coconut adds a definite sweetness of its own too." - Tracey
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes + chilling time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 15-20 pieces
Cannot be frozen
- coconut oil - 100g, melted
- honey - 115g or rice malt syrup
- almond meal - 125g (*use wholemeal spelt flour for NF)
- desiccated coconut - 140g
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- Raspberry layer:
- raspberries - 250g, frozen, defrosted
- chia seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Coconut topping:
- egg - 1, white only
- honey - 50g or rice malt syrup
- coconut - 140g, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own almond meal, add almonds (125g) and mill Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside if you need to melt your coconut oil.
- If you need to melt your coconut oil, add coconut oil (100g) and program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, or until the oil has melted.
- Otherwise, add the coconut oil (100g), honey (115g), almond meal (125g), coconut (140g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10-15 seconds.
- Press into the baking tray to form an even layer – using either a silicone spatula or the back of wet metal spoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and set. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mash the raspberries (250g) roughly and mix through the chia seeds (1 Tbsp). Set aside.
- Add the egg white (1) and honey (50g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add in the shredded coconut (140g). Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Turn on your grill to preheat.
- Spread the raspberry mixture over the base.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut mixture over the raspberry layer.
- Place under the grill to brown for a few minutes, being mindful not to let it burn.
- Chill in the fridge to fully set, then cut into 20 squares.