Healthy Noodle Snack Pack
This recipe will give you a healthier version of our favourite store-bought 2 minute noodles. Sure, it takes a little longer than 2 minutes, but the end result is completely delicious and will be a much sought after lunchbox item!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A much healthier version of 2 minute noodles, with real flavours using real spices. So delicious." - Heidi
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- vegetable stock - 800g, good quality liquid chicken
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- celery salt - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp, ground
- fresh coriander - 1/8 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1/8 tsp, ground
- cardamom - 1/8 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1/8 tsp, ground
- instant noodles - 4, cakes, broken up
- peas - 80g, frozen
- corn - 80g , frozen
- dried parsley - 2 tsp
- Add the liquid stock (800g), onion powder (1 tsp), celery salt (1 tsp), ground turmeric (1/2 tsp), ground coriander (1/8 tsp), ground cumin (1/8 tsp), ground cardamom (1/8 tsp) and ground ginger (1/8 tsp) to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Break up the noodle cakes (4) and add them to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the frozen peas (80g), frozen corn (80g) and dried parsley (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Place into warmed insulated food flask and into the school bag for the day.