Healthy Hazelnut Truffles
These are a much healthier alternative to the Decadent Chocolate Truffles. They are fairly low in sugar and maintain a bitter dark chocolate taste. You could try using fresh dates if you want to make these raw. The addition of the cacao butter really allows these to feel like proper dark chocolate with a delicious nuttiness. Allow them to cool completely before eating.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These truffles taste so, so naughty but are actually good for you! I love the combination of the sweetness from the dates and the bitterness of the cacao. I'm glad they can be frozen because it is definitely possible to have too much of a good thing!" - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Makes approx. 20 balls
Can be frozen
- Soak dried dates (80g) in hot water.
- Add cacao butter (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 20 seconds.
- Program 8 minutes / 37C / Speed 2. Scrape down sides and ensure that cacao butter is completely melted. If not, continue for a few more minutes.
- Add hazelnuts (150g), drained dried dates and cacao powder (20g) into bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula before rolling into bite-size balls.
- Put the balls into the fridge and cool completely (cacao butter should re-harden) until ready to serve.