Healthy Green Dip
This Healthy Green Dip shared by Fiona from food 4 Thought allows you to use whichever greens you have on hand, or love the flavour of. You can even use the softer part of the herb stalks in this dip. You can reduce the amount of vinegar and increase the olive oil if you would prefer a more subtle flavour.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 1 cup
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- pepitas - 50g, lightly toasted and cooked
- almonds - 50g, toasted and cooled (*for NF use more pumpkin seeds instead)
- fresh herbs of choice - 80 to 100g (I used a combination of spinach, rocket, basil & coriander)
- apple cider vinegar - 30g, or white wine vinegar
- olive oil - 30g, extra virgin (*for NF you may need more)
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, or to taste
- Place garlic clove (1) into bowl. Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add pumpkin seeds (50g) and almonds (50g). Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add greens (80-100g), vinegar (30g), oil (30g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to bowl. Speed 5 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if necessary.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable pieces