Healthy Fruit and Nut Fudge Squares
A great recipe for entertaining... and a great secret weapon to get you through the mid-afternoon energy slump at work! Be warned – you won't be able to stop at only one. The flavour is fabulous and the texture is just perfect.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A lovely healthy snack with high potential for addiction." - Patricia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 2 hours chilling time
Makes approx. 36 small squares
Can be frozen
You will need:
square 20cm baking tin
- walnuts - 500g
- dates - 300g, Medjool, pitted
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cacao powder - 1 Tbsp
- chocolate - 80g, DF, dark, chopped
- apricots - 50g, dried, diced
- sultanas - 50g
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the walnuts (300g only), pitted dates (300g), vanilla extract (1 tsp) and cacao powder (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 30 seconds. If you can hear that the blades are not in contact with the contents of the machine, stop the motor, scrape down sides, and continue. Once finished, scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining walnuts (200g), chopped dark chocolate (80g), diced dried apricots (50g) and sultanas (50g) to the bowl. Process Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 2 second blasts. Scrape down sides. Check consistency and blitz again if preferred.
- Pour into the prepared tin and press down firmly.
- Place into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into 36 small squares and add to your packed lunch for a delicious sweet treat.