Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Bars
YUM! This is such an easy little treat to whip up to gift or add to the Christmas hamper, and it's also great for when guests are coming over on short notice. We have chosen to use a gluten free brown puffed rice, but you could choose to substitute your preferred puff rice cereal if that is what you have on hand.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This healthy peppermint slice has converted me to liking dark chocolate now. It stayed together nicely and my friends kept going back for more." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 25-30 squares
Cannot be frozen
- chocolate - 200g, 70% dark, broken up into small pieces (*ensure DF if required)
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- peppermint essence - 1.5 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- puffed rice - 2 cups, brown
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (200g) and coconut oil (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add the peppermint essence (1.5 tsp), vanilla extract (1 tsp) and puffed rice (2 cups) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Pour out into the tray and place into the fridge to set.
- Cut into 25 squares.