Healthy Choc Pops
Why buy when you can make a healthier version at home with a handful of ingredients?!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Check rice puffs for gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes approximately 420g
Cannot be frozen
- puffed rice - 410g, (or 180g gluten free puffed rice)
- cacao powder - 3 Tbsp, or to taste
- sweetener of choice - 4 Tbsp, maple syrup, honey, or to taste
- coconut oil - 4 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two large baking dishes with baking paper.
- Place maple syrup (4 Tbsp) and coconut oil (4 Tbsp) into bowl.
- 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Add cacao (3 Tbsp).
- Combine on Speed 2 / 30 second until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a big bowl.
- Add puffed rice (410g). Stir to combine well.
- Spread mixture over the two large baking trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring often to dry the choc pops. Be sure not to burn them.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, break choc pop clumps up with your hands and store in an airtight container in the pantry.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites