Healthy Choc Cashew Mug Cake
You will be so impressed to discover that this selection of nutritious ingredients can come together so quickly to create something so delicious! Perfect to have as a warming dessert on a cold night, and it's ready in no time at all!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Easy and quick to make, even easier to eat and enjoy. This will be a go-to winter warmer dessert!" - Stephanie
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 2-3 minutes
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 50g, raw
- honey - 45g
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- cacao powder - 10g
- salt - pinch
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- xanthan gum - small pinch
- milk of choice - 40g (*ensure DF if required)
- egg - 1
- butter - 10g, or coconut oil, plus extra for greasing (*use coconut oil for DF)
- Add the cashews (50g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add honey (45g), vanilla (2 tsp), cacao (10g), salt (pinch), baking powder (1/2 tsp), xanthan gum (small pinch), milk (40g), egg (1) and butter / coconut oil (10g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides and continue blending if required.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased mugs so that they are about 3/4 full.
- Microwave on medium (approx. 900W) for 2-2:30 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing for your microwave.