Healthy Chicken Tender Schnitzels
Instead of indulging in a deep fried pub schnitzel, why not make this healthier version from home? It has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica and it is set to be a new family favourite. These schnitzels are really delicious and incredibly family friendly. Using chicken tenderloins makes this so tasty, but if you are on a budget you can easily substitute chicken breast or thigh.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These tasty chicken tenders were a winner with the whole family and I love that they are healthy too. An extra bonus was that it made so much there are enough leftovers for the next night!" - Anita
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Can be frozen
- cornflakes - 220g (*ensure GF if required)
- rice - 150g, uncooked
- eggs - 3
- chicken tenderloins - 1kg
- oil - of choice, to shallow fry
- Add the cornflakes (220g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a snap lock bag.
- Add the rice (150g) to the bowl. Mill 1 minute / Speed 9. Set aside in another snap lock bag or bowl.
- Add the eggs (3) to another small bowl. Whisk with a fork.
- Dip chicken (1kg total) in rice flour, then egg mixture and finally in the cornflakes, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken to coat.
- Place the chicken onto a plate. Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Shallow fry the chicken in batches, turning once. Ensure that the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan once cooked and place on a paper towel.
- Serve with salad of choice or place on wraps.