Healthy Brown Fried Rice
Save yourself from buying oily fried rice from your local takeaway joint, and make yourself up a big batch of this yummy (and healthy!) brown fried rice. It makes a really big batch to feed the masses, and is full of goodness.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dish is fantastic either hot or cold, by itself or as a side. Bulk up the veggies or add in some meat to suit your family tastes." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Serves 4-6 as a main
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chilli - 1, mild, deseeded and halved
- sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- brown rice - 350g, rinsed well under warm water
- water - 1L, hot
- coconut aminos - 40g or soy sauce (*use coconut aminos for GF)
- broccoli - 200g, cut into small florets
- carrot - 100g, sliced
- corn - 200g, baby, roughly chopped
- peas - 100g, frozen
- eggs - 3, lightly beaten
- Place onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and chilli (1) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (1 Tbsp). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap off. Set aside.
- Place brown rice (350g) into internal steaming basket. Pour the hot water (1L) and coconut aminos (40g) over the rice. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3 measuring cap on.
- Meanwhile place broccoli (200g), carrots (100g), corn (200g) and peas (100g) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Add the onion mix to the dish and stir to combine.
- Place the steaming attachment upper tray in place. Line with a wet piece of baking paper. Pour the egg mixture (3 eggs, lightly beaten) over the top.
- Once the initial 25 minutes is up, add the steaming attachment into place. Program
13-15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, until egg has set and veggies are partially cooked.
- Carefully remove the upper tray. Carefully lift the paper onto a chopping board and finely dice the egg.
- Remove the steaming attachment and place it in its lid.
- Add the drained rice from the internal steaming basket to the vegetables in the steaming attachment.
- Add the diced cooked egg and additional coconut aminos.
- Stir to combine and serve.