Healthy Banana Pecan Pancakes
A delicious and healthy pancake recipe to whip up for brunch or breakfast for two any time of the year! You can make these with minimal effort and serve them up to dairy free friends and family. If you are serving more than two you can double or triple the recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Light, tasty and super quick to whip up! A decadent but healthy dessert or yummy addition to lunch boxes!" - Kate
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- banana - 2, ripe, peeled and roughly chopped
- eggs - 2
- oats - 80g, rolled
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- honey - 50g
- salt - pinch
- oil - or butter, for greasing (*use oil for DF)
- To serve:
- pecans - 150g, toasted
- banana - 1, peeled and sliced
- honey - 50g
- Add the chopped bananas (2), eggs (2), rolled oats (80g), vanilla extract (1 tsp), ground cinnamon (1 tsp), honey (50g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 6 seconds.
- Into a frying pan over medium heat, toast the pecans (150g) until slightly changed in colour and fragrant. Set aside.
- Grease the frying pan well with oil or butter.
- Place a large spoonful of the batter into the pan and swirl it around to make the pancakes a bit thinner. You will make 4 large pancakes from this batter.
- Once bubbles appear on the pancake, flip over and cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Keep warm and repeat for the remaining batter until you have 4 large pancakes.
- Top with sliced banana (1), toasted pecans and honey (50g).