Healthy 4 Ingredient Chocolate Mug Cake
When you look at the ingredients in this recipe you may think we got this really wrong. Surely we forgot something? We promise it really does need only four ingredients. This is a fantastic treat for our gluten and dairy free readers. It's super simple to make, and quite rich considering the minimal ingredients! Try serving with some fresh strawberries and a dollop of yoghurt!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Wow! What was that? I made a mug cake using egg and bananas? Mind blown!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 1 minute
Cooking Time 2 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- Add the bananas (2) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (2) and cocoa powder (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.