Healthier Chocolate Crackles
Do you love chocolate crackles? They are a childhood favourite! This recipe will help you create a healthier version of those delicious treats. Using just a handful of ingredients you can whip these up in no time at all!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe can easily be thrown together with some pantry staples and is a great way to get kids helping in the kitchen. My 5 year old pretty much made them by herself! I will definitely make them again, but next time I will make them mini for bite size snacks or party food." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 45 minutes setting time
Makes 24 small chocolate crackles
Cannot be frozen
- coconut oil - 100g
- maple syrup - 80g, or honey
- cacao powder - 20g
- desiccated coconut - 40g
- puffed rice - 4 cups approx., or rice bubbles (*check for gluten if required)
- Line a muffin tin with 24 paper cases.
- Place coconut oil (100g), maple syrup (80g) and cacao (20g) to bowl. 5 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Place desiccated coconut (40g) and rice bubbles (4 cups) in a large bowl. Pour syrup over them.
- Using a spatula, mix to combine and coat the rice well with syrup.
- Spoon into paper cases.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes. Store in the fridge until serving as these do soften and crumble at room temperature due to the coconut oil.