For a natural alternative to headache relief try this simple salve, shared with us by Nicky Gordon from her book The Beauty Mix. The combination of essential oils may help to naturally relieve emotional tension and bodily stress. It makes a great gift for anyone who can benefit from some added calm in their lives. Please note that if you have a specific medical condition you should assess whether the use of this is right for you. This includes consulting with medical professionals that know your personal situation.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
- olive oil - 50g, extra virgin
- castor oil - 25g
- beeswax - 10g
- sweet orange essential oil - 1.5g (approx. 15 drops)
- grapefruit essential oil - 1g (approx. 10 drops)
- marjoram essential oil - 0.5g (approx. 5 drops
- ginger essential oil - 0.5g (approx. 5 drops)
- rosemary essential oil - 0.5g (approx. 5 drops)
- lavender essential oil - 0.5g (approx. 5 drops)
- Place olive oil (50g), castor oil (25g) and beeswax (10g) into the bowl. Heat 3 minutes / 75C / Speed 3. Leave the bowl sitting in the machine base to cool.
- Once cooled to 50C add sweet orange (1.5g), grapefruit (1g), marjoram (0.5g), ginger (0.5g), rosemary (0.5g) and lavender (0.5g), and mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Pour into containers. Secure the lids once cool.
- To apply, use your fingertips and gently massage into temples and pressure points