These delicious hazelnutty "bombs" are great to make with kids. They taste chocolatey, but without any of the dairy or processed sugar. Very simple to make in your thermo mixer (only one step!) and a great tactile activity for the kids to roll into balls. You can alter the ingredients to your taste, which is another great activity for kids – experimenting with different flavours. Keep equal parts of dried fruit and nuts / seeds in your experiments.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "For me, Christmas goes hand in hand with hazelnuts and these bombs are... well... da bomb! A healthier version of another one of my favourite store-bought chocolates, I think these will be my go-to instead this year... ho ho ho!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes approx. 20 balls
Can be frozen
- hazelnuts - 150g, raw (extra if you want to hide a nut on the inside)
- dates - 100g
- sultanas - 50g
- cacao powder - 20g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Add hazelnuts (150g), dates (100g), sultanas (50g), cacao (20g), and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Tip out mixture into a bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls, with the option of putting a hazelnut inside.
- Leave on a plate in the refrigerator until they are set. They can be stored in the fridge or freezer.