Aren't these gorgeous? You can find them in Tenina's Merry Christmix Too book! A great partner to anything creamy and rich or just fantastic as a present, in a lovely Christmassy tin, tied with ribbon! Aren’t you just a little bit clever?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were fantastic! I had never attempted these before and they were so yummy. For a small amount of effort this recipe makes a large amount of biscotti. It is an impressive gift or special treat. Try to stop yourself from eating the cookie dough….. it is divine!" - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes approx 30
Can be frozen
- hazelnuts - 160g
- eggs - 2
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- caster sugar - 120g, golden
- plain flour - 200g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- cacao nibs - 20g, optional
- salt flakes - pinch, pink
- chocolate - white or dark, melted for coating, approx. 150g (*use DF if required)
- Roast hazelnuts (160g) in 200C oven until fragrant. Rub skins off with a clean tea towel and allow to cool completely.
- Turn oven down to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place eggs (2), vanilla (2 tsp) and sugar (120g) into bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Add roasted hazelnuts, flour (200g), baking powder (1 tsp), cacao nibs (20g) and salt (pinch) to bowl and program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Turn out onto prepared tray, and with wet hands, shape into a large flat rectangle.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool and slice into biscotti, return to the oven and cook a further 5-15 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden brown and completely crispy.
- Add chocolate to the bowl (150g) and grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds, then program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 3.
- Allow biscotti to cool before dipping one end into melted chocolate.