Hash Brown Slice
Left with an abundance of roast potato? Put it to delicious use! Quick to prepare, this hash brown slice can be made for now or later. We like to let them cool, cut them up and have them ready in the fridge to heat up on the pan with bacon and eggs in the morning.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Makes 16 squares
Best kept in the fridge
- onion - 1
- olive oil - 20g, plus more for cooking
- potatoes - 450g, roasted
- salt flakes - 1-2 tsp, depending on your preferred taste
- dried rosemary - 1.5 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4-5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Cook 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add roast potatoes (450g), salt (1-2 tsp), dried rosemary (1.5 tsp) and paprika (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds, with assistance from your spatula.
- Drizzle oil across the base of your tin(s) and then transfer the potato mixture to your tins, spreading them out in a thin layer.
- Drizzle more oil on the top.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly, before removing the slice from the tin. Note that due to the lack of binders (e.g. egg) in this recipe, it won’t hold together solidly when it's first out of the oven.
- If you are ready to serve now, slice into pieces. If you would prefer to serve at a later time, leave whole and allow to cool. Once cold, you can cut into squares and heat them on the pan when cooking bacon and eggs.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine