Ham & Zucchini Muffins
These delightful little muffins have been shared with us by the lovely Lucy from Bake Play Smile. They only take 10 minutes to whip up and are perfect for picnics as they travel so well. Some tips to make these soft and fluffy are to use buttermilk and don't overmix the batter. This will make them turn out tough so mix until just combined.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a great savoury muffin, whether warm or cold. Perfect for a picnic. They also freeze well so could be made in advance and grabbed out on the day needed." - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- cheese - 100g, cubed
- zucchinis - 2, medium
- self raising flour - 300g
- ham - 125g, shaved, cut into small pieces
- buttermilk - 180g
- eggs - 2
- vegetable oil - 45g
- sea salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Grease and line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grate cheese (100g) on Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini (2) on Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add self raising flour (300g), grated cheese, ham (125g), buttermilk (180g), eggs (2), oil (45g) and salt and pepper (to taste) to bowl. Reverse+Speed 3 until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further Reverse+Speed 3 until just combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through (test with a skewer).
- Leave the muffins in the pan to cool slightly, before placing onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.